Wednesday, February 10, 2016

My experience writing this paper was a pretty good one. Taking the time to due peer review and forcing myself to actually do multiple drafts helped the whole process seem more productive and less stressful. The peer reviews on top of going to the writing center really helped me shape my paper and figure out things I need to start working on when it comes to my personal writing process. The Design Plan is a specific example as it is something I have never done before and I had some trouble with. But the Design Plan did help me to figure out what direction i needed to go in and it also helped me to do the small amount of research I needed to do. It was also fairly easy going straight from the Design Plan into my outline.
The Design Plan helped me to try and narrow down such a broad topic like music into something a bit smaller like focusing on development in youth. Also how music connects to us all whether it be physically or emotionally. My Design Plan could have been more specific now that I understand it better, but I do think that the paper was well written for its circumstance. My paper probably was more written in the tone of persuading the reader that music is good and necessary in our environments. Therefore I suppose my target audience should have been written as those who are skeptical about their children and how music can help them when they are young. However, the paper is still interesting and engaging to those who just plain love music. The paper also holds a few more ideas and interesting facts to it than just development in children. So basically I learned more about my writing style and how I engage the reader. I also now know better about how to approach the audience for next time in my design plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment