Tuesday, February 9, 2016

When I was young my mother would often send me to my grandparents house up in Chicago for the weekend. I loved my grandparents and there even was another little girls next door that was the same age as me. I loved playing with my friend Katie, and I loved visiting my grandparents. My grandparents were strong Catholics and my grandmother was very strict when it came to church. But for some reason my grandma made acceptations for me that I did not recognize until later in life. If I was dozing off or shuffling around a little bit she didn't mind, and she even stole wafers from the communion for me because I liked the taste. This was a big deal because I was too young for communion and the priest ended up having to talk to my grandma. I have always loved my grandma dearly for that because I know she would never break the rules in church, but she did for me because she loved me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment