Thursday, March 17, 2016

synthesis 2 revision

The revision process for this second paper was much easier than the first for me, despite the fact that I was missing the day we did the first peer review. I was sick that day and I had to upload my first draft to blackboard and review my peer papers on my own. I followed the directions I saw on blackboard, but it was still a little difficult because I was sick and in a different setting. Even though the circumstances were different and made things a little bit harder, the actual review was not too difficult. during the first paper i had never done peer review in groups or inline before, so it was a little bit strange. For this assignment I found myself more comfortable in doing the review. it was easier to read others papers and analyze the styles and structures. I think a lot had to do with the assignment and how it seemed a bit more straightforward on the topic. It was not as hard to understand that each paper was simply directed at explaining one topic.

I felt like reading other peoples papers was easier as they were more narrowed, and I also felt that my paper was probably easier to read and understand as well. the peer review helped me see my paper in a different light. Having someone else point out main parts and structures of my paper made it easier for me to see things missing and things I had well done. It almost created a bit of a checklist in my mind for the requirements of this paper. it clarified what I still needed to do with my paper so I could fix and add what I needed to. I liked doing the peer review as it helped out my writing process a lot and made me secure in my paper when it was finally finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment